Monday 27 February 2012

Ahhhaaa second day of posting on my blog ... it;s a bit like my web page !but the controls are different. sort of like driving away in a new car.

So here we go with info re me. OK so you can see the profile but i suspect you need ot see what I make and what I do . Well I'm goingto leave out my work pictures as only weirdos and pods like pics of feet  so I promise I will only post pics of quilts and sewing stuff.

Today is my day off ( hahahahahhahahaha who am I kidding!)  one laod of laundry done, the hens fed, beds made, lounge/familyroom tidied, and really I should be sewing. I have a meet up with a great friend Denise today and we swap wkills and make blocks for linus quilts which we give to local hospitals for kids etc. 

http://www.projectlinus.org/links.html

  here's the linky.  feel free to make some blocks or if you have orphans get together and make a quilt to go to this great charity.

Anyway, I also work with a couple of lovely ladies on BLOCKSWAP International

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/213554192067013/

  a none specific group where one person calls the colours and size but you make what you want and send it . The resulting quilt goes to a local person in need / charity/ special unit or whatever thatp erson decides . so sort of like a sewing bee but not ! It;s far too relaxed. Anyone can join and send blocks or make requests. We only ask that you don;t use the blocks for commercial purposes and any blocks you make you would be happy to use yourself.

so now we need some pics of my work . Wel lyou might be able to find them on my facebook page but here they are to save you time and effort.



Pinwheels doine with white for a little girl . was finally edged with Joel Dewberry in Aqua and a lemon yellow binding !



This is a mix of Joel Dewberry and Tilda  along witha couple of otehr favourites that live in the stock box /stash !  quilted in stipple in monofilament  and was lovely. It was made ot go with the quilt below which went to a friend of my daughters.

I adored this quilt . It;s a pandoras box jelly roll pattern but I cut from my stash allthe shades of jade and sapphire and so I think of it as Neptunes gift to Pandora.  totally devine. It was quilted in "boxes" random squares outlining different sized squares . Some handquilting and binding done by my motehr as she couldn't keep her hands off it either.

 ahhhh a selection of baby bibs made for my daughters school fayre ( what a shower that was) and some sent to a friend who is the lucky recipient of TWIN GIRLS !
 These bibs I adore with the fussy cut centres. BIzarrely people didn't go wild when they were going to have to buy them to support a local cancer charity but were preapred to take them and lie about making a "donation" a sad sad sad  day
 Hair bands also for my daughters school fayre. She now has a lot of lovely hair bands
 A quilted bag made with a demi jelly roll of Loudin spots and stuff. It carries a lot of quilt stuff including a superking sized quilt at present .
 ahhh the draw string bags ! Love these so quick and simple  I can't remember where I got  hte pattern from but when I hunt it down I will let you know . THey take about 20 mins to make ! Yup that easy
 Love this . Nuff said
 Right this one has quite a tale to tell.  It was made itinially as a gift for a friend of my daughter who asked for a quilt in Lime green turquoise and orange. BOy was that a shocker.... so I thought ok I'll m,ake it bright but calm it down so I mixed al ot of other colours in .

 Sadly when she saw it in raw state she wasn't struck by it so I said nothing and put it away . Then one day I sat down and quilted the blighter ..,. you have those days where you have to jsut kill off a few projects to make room for everything else and I feel these WIPS unloved etc block your energy ( ha listen to me spouting tripe!)  so I quilted it and I sat and put the binding on and anotehr friend of daughter saw it fell in love and now sleeps with it everyday .

 It;s nice to have a happy ending
 Ah      table mades made in shuffle style . THese arestill lounging in my WIP box waiting to be bound and labelled.

A Squodge cushion . Semi dresden plate but made with wild colours and pinned in the umbilicus! YOUCH !


 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh free motion quilting.

This is a piece of fabric from the stained glass range that came out late lasdt year. Totally lush to look at and I thought ok I,m not bad a FMQ I,ll outline the dragon flies and flowers etc and see how it looks.
This made one totally gorgeous cushion , had my motehr in tears ( jealoussssss!) and was given by a young man to his grandmother as a thank you . THe thread used is Gutterman SUlky variagated. nice.
 Quilt made ofr daughters school raffle. blue is the blazer colour .
It went to a happy home
 a scrap attack . One mountainous stash had to be killed off so this is a true stash scrap attack
 a shirt quilt. This one has al ong story and a couple of nasty injuries along the way. Let me merely confirm that sewing through yr nail and finger with a machine B&*$*(% hurts !  This isl eaving soon . Thank god !
 ahha a quickie project for ear phones . I quilted hte fabric fiurst then cut the pattern as I hate shrinkage . anotehr 20 min project .
 WONKY STARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them  I love them even more when they contain my Jenean Morrisson Picnic Parade in orange. Sadly very difficult to obtain . hence why it only comes out in speical projects !
 SAid range from Picnic Parade .... hello gorgeous ! xxxx

Selve edges .... you got to hate them or love them . I,m still undecided but I had a go . I know some lady made a ottally fabulous 1950;s style dress using selve edges  but I,m not that patient ,.

the design wanted by my friend JD when he and his partner get married as their wedding quilt. It;s causing me some headaches. It;s al ittle to regimented for my taste lacking in vibrancy but hey I'll get it to go right .

A Quilt made for my BF > jelly roll strips then cut on 45 degree angle and set in sashing. THat simple.
THerei s no pic of the quilting I did on it which was multiple sine waves as she palys violin . A lovely lovely item I have to say and she loves it too .

I have hundreds of otehr pics to find and upload so I'll go do that and you go and have a tylenol and a lie down and I'll see you later.

LOVE RAVEN XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment