Monday 24 September 2012

BONUS prize for SUPER inviter

OK I,m not one to normally tout my wares so to speak  however ... I will do a door prize for the first person who has 10 people they refer sign up to the blog ....  a set of 7 quilted linen table mats ... 7??

YUP 7!!! 6 for yr guests and one for the pot in the middle or that extra person who turns up . I know it happens a lot in my house and it feels odd..... a different setting  so I made 7 in the shuffle style . They are very nice all unique, all lovey sft tan linen with a suprise. I also have some totally gorgeous Sulky variegated thread from Guterman   . I can't say how much I LOVE GUTERMAN THREAD  ... and now I have a trade account I can buy it for a whole lot less for my quilts and projects.

Good thread is always an investment and a painful one at times . But you get what you pay for . Yes the New King Tut is nice and YLI do some nice thread and ranges and Aurifil..... well.................... the jury is out on Aurifil in my house. Maybe it;s the flimsy small cones/bobbin so it looks pitifully small amounts for horrendous money or maybe it's that the 4 reels I have bought have caused me nothing but grief.  I am sure there are Aurifil fanatics out there who swear blind by it and all I can  say is good for you. I have my own opinion and I prefer Guterman .

I also became the proud user of the serger my motehr gave me a few weeks ago. After changing the thread to some NEW cones ( thread has a life span and sadly it deteriorates with time so keep yr thread fresh )  I had a wonderful time serging everything I could until I bogged up and snapped a thread and snapped the threading wire  DOH !!

The air turned blue ........................

Screams rent the air...............................

Thunder crashed ..................................

Lightening flashed.....................................

And I stomped off for a cup of tea only to discover it was after 8pm and caffeine after then is a complete no no . so I stomped off for a bath . So today on my list of thingsI  must do I must find a new wire threader , send off my passport renewal, pay bills and go to see my friend for a hopefully quiet afternoon of sewing.  hahahaha who am I kidding.

Enjoy your Monday my lovlies and rememeber the first person to refer 10 new sign up peeps get these lovely items ..  Get yr person to mention yr name in their post/comment  so we can check .

Out of the 10 new people who sign up  I will also send them a mini cushion cover as a welcome. So yes loads and loads and loads of stuff to giveaway ... but you have to sign up to bei n and you have to respond when we send out the post on winners ... sadly last time 2 people missedo ut for failing to respond.

Anyway i shall away and BE HAPPY>

Love
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment