Saturday 20 October 2012

Mad sewing from the house of Raven

This week has been manic....  sadly little Bob was ill  which meant that Mum and DAd got it as well!

So whilst looking after the little Bob ( Rowan ) I sat down and made this for my swap partner on Sew Swapit .... Riley Blake loveliness but then................... I had issues.... was it right was it good enoughh hmmm did it hit my quality requirement.



I made my own large style almost Pantograph type freemotion for one end and had used some of my machine embroidery on the rest . ... nope it wasn't doing it for me .....



Thankfully Rowan improved fairly quickly and wasx back to school Thursday whilst I ended up being ill.  And then a lovely present arrived for her.... from the Lovely Rosalyn  All the way from Kansas . Xmas decorations and some fabulpous postcards made wth images taken by Rosalyn herself . . Rowan is collecting xmas ornaments from states of the USA and aroiund the world. People are bing so kind and generous finding and sending these items for her.

You can see how totally thrilled she is when she receives them



So I;lve been fighting with this for a few weeks on and off. It was slowed by a wrist injury which I seme to have seen off with helpo from a pair of quilting grip gloves. These are weird sort of gardening gloves with semi sticky dots on them these then take the strain and save the small muscles in yr hands and wrists having to work so hard . It will still take about anotehr hour of free motion embroidery and quilting to get this where I want it . watch this space for conclusion.

Then kitten stopped play




So my re reading of my swap partners preferences and I thought arggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
no this won;lt do so I selected new colours and redid the design same flying geese insert .... and then I went for something completely new . 

 and it whizzed pu as some colours and styles do . Now given this is the third bloody time I have made this pattern you would think I had it nailed.

Haaahahaahhahahahahahahah yeah right .


 
Now with all that sharp geometic shapes I decided to go with complete change  of quilting stlye and went for PEBBLES .  but I also left some neutral space to give it some extra texture.
 
I then panicked AGAIN .
OMG is it too much ?
Is it all wrong ?? Oh god is the colour wrong ??
 
FREAK OUT MOMENT
 
so I threw it out to the swappit team for honest feedback which is a toughie but everyone was honest how they felt and I appreciate that. 
 


 
So to balance this in tense and thread heavy I simply did some line work on the flying geese and the sqaures. I then did some compact stiopple and tram line ... sergerd /overlocked the edges and
 


 So I made a companion bag to go with it  out of some 5 inch
strips . I repeated the pebble quilting and some nice simple zig zag as wel land made this ....
 


And I found a lovely co-ordinating zip ull I had ... lush . 

 And the back ..... nice
So here is the completed SMC . I like it and I really hope my partner does too !!
 You can see the tram line work here ... I like the simplicity of it .
THis has bene madel ong enough to take the Janome Memory craft or Brother size machine.
 
 Sweet .
 



The 3 of the SMC  2 of which will go to new home soon. First to shout out gets the yellow based one!!!
LEts see who is reading and comments ! 



So my swappee gets this pile of lusciousness !  Sewing companion
zipper bag, sewing case with fancy pins , Xmas stocking and an ear phones pouch. I ma praying
the postage to ............................ isn't too much . 
RIght I am going to watch Strictly and pray that the Christina Rhianoff keeps her legs together and on the ground this week as I choose not to get a course in gynaecology on primetime TV .

 
Have a lovely weekend
Love RAVEN ! xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Shot out shout out Love the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a winner !!! Send me yr address and it will be on it;s way

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah man ; too late ; but that's okay congrats Stephanie !! Oh , btw , I LOVE THEM ALL !!

    Mickey White

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to following Blogs...technologically challenged (but willing to learn). Time will tell if I can find my way back here day after day. You seem to get so much sewing done, while I's still spinning my wheels. If Only I had as much time as ideas....fabric (I have tons) of not quite what I need to finish what ever inspiration I am currently following.

    ReplyDelete